Welcome to the some scripts literary magazine Issue 4: Outbreak Archive!
Cover art by Alyssa Cokinis.
You may read Issue 4 below on our website. All scripts are for the reading public only, and downloads are prohibited. If you are interested in producing any of these scripts, you can find the writer’s or their representation’s contact information in the “Contributor Bios” section, or some scripts staff is happy to connect you with said writer.
Did you read Issue 4? Consider sending us a pay-what-you-can donation to help keep us going!
Full Magazine Available for Download (available to contributors and staff only)
Trigger Warnings: Please be warned that the following plays, screenplay, radio play, and monologues contain instances or references to the following: the COVID-19 pandemic and its collective trauma, white supremacist violence, the institution of slavery, domestic violence, the AIDS epidemic, anxiety/mental illness, immigration, suicide, or possibly more sensitive topics. Reader discretion is advised.
Table of Contents
- Letter from the Editor // 5
- A Note on Formatting for Issue 4 // 6
- Rafael Duarte Oliveira Venancio // Essay // Zoom is not spontaneous // 9
- Michael Galligan // Zoom Play // F***boi Healing Circle // 11
- Donna Latham // Monologue // Lunch Lady // 21
- Lindsay Partain // Monologue // The Lipstick // 22
- Bryan Starchman // Stage Play // The Canaries // 25
- Dane Rooney // Stage Play // Faustus and the Soliloquy // 36
- Jessica Durdock Moreno // Zoom Play // Funeral // 44
- Juliette Sigmond // Screenplay // Kind to the Dead // 53
- Elizabeth Gjelten // Monologue(s) // Big Breath // 85
- Jen Huszca // Zoom Playlet // The Burger King // 96
- John Paul Mandryk // Stage Play // The Sword of Kenau // 99
- Rich Rubin // Stage Play // What We Did in Quarantine // 132
- Lavinia Roberts // Stage Play // The Birds Are Watching Us // 134
- Marina Koestler Ruben // Stage Play // Outbreak/Breakout // 137
- Isabelle Chirls // Monologue // Pre-Mortem // 140
- Saeb Mir // Stage Play // The 40th Man or the 28th Woman // 142
- Aaron Leventman // Stage Play // The Boy // 145
- Zachariah Ezer // Stage Play // Blaxploitation // 152
- Lavanya Chakradhara // Monologue // The Harlem I Know // 177
- Louis Fantasia // Monologue // World Class // 179
- Elijah Vazquez // Stage Play // Exhibit 2020 // 185
- William Harper // Radio Play // IS // 190
- Donald E. Baker // Monologue // Intestate: A Covid-19 Monologue // 208
- Jennifer O’Grady // Monologue // Closet Cat // 210
- Julie Weinberg // Stage Play // Buttercup’s Lament // 211
- Javin Pombra // Stage/Zoom Play // The Recommendation // 219
- Michelle Kuchuk // Zoom Play // The Moochers // 227
- John Ladd // Stage Play // Not Here, You’re Not! // 233
- Vladan Kuzmanović // Excerpt of 50 Conceptual Pieces // 237
- Coni Koepfinger // Stage Play // Josie Divine in the Bardo // 241
- Monica Raymond // Stage Play // 13 Short Plays for Elijah McClain // 255
- Playwright Interview: Rachael Carnes // 260
- Contributor Bios // 264
Zephin Livingston for assistance in choosing submissions!
Keegan Gormally for his endless support for some scripts.
The contributors for this issue: thank you so, so much for your willingness to be a part of this still-new magazine (yes, still new even four issues in) as well as trusting us with your pieces: we found each of them to be incredible. And there are SO MANY of them to boot!
Those who submitted for this issue: thank you for trusting us to read your pieces. This is the most submissions, as well as the most submissions from different areas of the world, we’ve ever received! So much so that we didn’t know what to do with all of them, and it set back our response time/publication schedule. Two people working through 150ish submissions is no joke. We hope you will submit again because we were very impressed by the amount of talent sent our way.
And to you, if you’ve read this far: thank you so much for your support of some scripts literary magazine.
SUPPORT US WITH A DONATION!
We are 100% volunteer-run, and all costs for running the magazine come out of the editor-in-chief’s own pocket.
One day, we would also love to be able to pay contributors and the reading team for their work, and we have several in-print publication ideas too. Until then, we rely on your kind support!
Please consider donating to our PayPal or our Ko-Fi if you enjoyed this issue and would like to become a some scripts supporter.
We are also on Facebook too.